“I’m pleased you came, " the middle-aged Pan to ran man dressed in elegant blues and maroons says. "You have been recommended to me as people with a certain set of shills. I have a job offer for you—a scheme that requires those shills. What I’m about to propose is illegal, confidential, and could be somewhat dangerous—and, if you’re successful, could pay out tens of thousands of credits, perhaps more. I think you’ll discover it’s well worth your trouble. Now, which of you is interested?
A few days from now, a valuable gemstone will be auctioned here on Cloud City. The gem is known as the Jewel of Yavin and has a reputation for being ‘unstealable.’ The plan is this: infiltrate the auction and manipulate the bidders to raise the bid. We want the jewel to sell for as much as possible for maximum return when we slice into the central computer network and redirect the auction credits to our own accounts, hmm? The gala and gem are being held at the Figg & Associates art museum, which isn’t designed to protect an object that valuable, making this the best chance we have to nab it. You heard me right: we’re going to steal the gem twice. " -Arend
• Computers: In addition to needing a competent slicer, computer spikes, and encryption samples, the surveillance system in the art museum should be disabled for the heist as well.
• Knowledge (Lore): Corusca gems may also be used as lightsaber crystals, meaning they are potentially as deadly as they are beautiful.
• Mechanics: In addition to custom modifying the cloud car to suit, it may also be worthwhile to track down the Cloud City schematics to figure out the best entrances and exits for the art museum.
• Piloting (Planetary): Many races are won before even stepping foot on the track. In order to best formulate a strategy, the party needs to find out more about the racecourse and racers and hire on mechanics (page 46) and co-pilots if need be.
• Skulduggery: The party should attempt to examine the physical security features surrounding the gem itself, if not before the gala certainly during it. It may also be worthwhile to investigate the security guard details.
• Streetwise: The Four-and-a-Half cantina and the entirety of Port Town ares the best places to find other villains and scoundrels who may offer their expertise or services for a fee. Apparently the cantina is also where a number of the jewel’s guards have been going during their off-shifts.
pick up a communication jammer to stop lobot